Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena#CollectiveBias
Calling all football fans!
Are you ready for the big game coming up next month? I recently became a football fan (*GASP* I know!), and am really looking forward to watching the game – and the commercials – with family next month. Already, I have watched more football in the last month than I probably ever have. And some of the time my husband isn’t even around. I watch football All. By. Myself. Crazy, right?
So now, with my newfound “like” of the game of football, (I can’t say “love” just yet, but I do like the game a bit) I am really looking forward to the big game early next month. And we all know that great football watching is usually accompanied by some good eats! For this year’s game, I will make a Poppin’ Jalapeno Dip to serve as an appetizer. We should have some family over and I’m sure everyone is going to love it.
It started with a trip to Tony’s Finer Foods, my go-to grocery store for all things Hispanic. They have the products that I’m looking for, manufactured by the brands I love, at really great prices.
For this particular recipe, I knew I needed some sliced jalapenos – it is a jalapeno dip, after all! So where did I head first? The (large!) Hispanic aisle, of course! I always use La Morena products whenever possible – they are the best. They are the leader in the chiles and peppers category, of course, and I love the authentic Mexican taste of their products.
Then it was off to pick up the rest of the ingredients and I was on my way.
This is one of my husband’s favorite dips that I make. It’s really easy, and it comes out super gooey and cheesy! You’ll have to find your own super-cute helper though.
First, mix the sour cream and cream cheese in a large bowl, then stir in the cheeses.
Then for the jalapeno heat, add the diced jalapeno peppers.
Then smooth all that cheesy goodness in a baking pan. Then prepare the bread crumbs with melted butter and parmesan cheese.
What you’re left with is a heavenly (and mildly spicy) melted cheese snack you can enjoy on game day. Will you be watching?
Here’s the full recipe.
- 1 (7 oz) can La Morena Sliced Green Pickled Jalapeno Peppers, drained and finely chopped
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup + ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream with a hand mixer.
- Add cheddar cheese, 1 cup parmesan cheese, and chopped jalapenos, mix well.
- Spoon into 8×8 baking dish, spread evenly.
- Mix bread crumbs, melted butter, and ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, or until hot and breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!