This extended winter we’ve been having in Chicago has me feeling a little blue. I heard on the radio this morning that last year at this time the weather in Chicago reached a high of 82 degrees. Today, on the first day of spring, temps are struggling to make it out of the 20’s. To say that I’ve been afflicted with a case of Cabin Fever would be an understatement – I want to go outside!!! And my son – poor child – has been begging every day to “go bye-bye in the car”. (I think he caught the cabin fever too!)
Since today marks the first day of spring, I thought it would be appropriate to list my Spring 2013 Bucket List of a few things we can’t wait to do this spring (and I hope we get to do them all before it gets too hot out).
- Visit a new park.
- Go to Brookfield Zoo.
- Take a long walk.
- Visit the Morton Arboretum.
- Head back to the Discovery Center Museum to play in the Rock River Discovery Park.
- Visit Cosley Zoo in Wheaton for the first time.
- Pick fresh eggs at a local farm (I already have my eye on a venue!).
- Head to a local farmer’s market to purchase some fresh fruit and veggies.
- Spend an afternoon drawing on the sidewalk.
- Take the drive to Chicago to visit Navy Pier.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we can knock each and every one of these activities off the list in the coming months. My son, for one, will be thrilled! And I can’t wait to log some mileage to my BRITAX BOB Stroller! I received a jogging stroller thinking I was going to run all the time, get in shape, lose weight, etc. While none of those things have happened yet, it doesn’t mean that they never will. (My 2013 Resolutions set-back will be coming to an end!) BOB – I’m comin’ at ya this year!
How’s your spring planning shaping up? Got any ideas I can add to my list?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post as a Britax Latina Advisory Board Member and Blogger. As always, all opinions, ideas, and stories stated here are clearly my own.