I love to bake. Always have, actually. What makes it even more satisfying for me now is the help I get from a very special little guy…my toddler. My son loves to help mommy in the kitchen. Anytime, any recipe – but especially if the recipe calls for sugar! He dips his fingers in every time.
I mean seriously – who could turn down help from that little cutie?
So when the awesome folks at Good Cook sent over a Sweet Creations Mini Loaf Pan to create something sweet and yummy, I asked my little mini baker what he thought we should make. His first (and emphatic) reaction? Strawberry Cake!!! So, I give you my version. Strawberry Almond Loaves with a Vanilla Glaze. Enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 ¼ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a Sweet Creations 4 Cup Loaf Pan with cooking spray. Set aside. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, using an electric mixer. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in almond extract just until incorporated. Gradually add the flour mixture and the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated. Gently fold strawberries into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared mini loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then cool completely on a wire rack. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sugar, milk and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Once the loaves are completely cooled, spoon glaze over top of the mini loaves, letting it drip down the sides. Garnish with toasted almonds and fresh strawberry slices, if desired.