Over the last few months, my son has been sick, to the doctor, and pretty much miserable. He caught multiple colds and was stuck in the house, and all he really wanted to do was visit Under the Big Top in St. Charles. Seriously. Weekend after weekend he kept asking to go, and weekend after weekend he continued to be sick. Finally his sickies left him and we were able to hang out at Under the Big Top recently. I had one very happy little boy.
Under the Big Top is a family entertainment center with laser tag, indoor go karts, a ball blaster arena, and arcade with party rooms, a bistro, and a prize area for the kids. The main reason my son wanted to go so bad is the Ball Blaster Arena. It’s a 3-story “big top” tent with ball blasting cannons, slides, ramps…and is basically awesome.
Another highlight of our recent trip to Under the Big Top was the Indoor Go-Karts. In fact, it was my son’s very first time riding in a go-kart. I thought he’d be a little scared, but he totally loved it. He was very chill about it actually. The track itself is a pretty good size, and I liked that the attendant asked us if we wanted to take it a little slow (since my son is only 4). I appreciated her thoughtfulness, for sure!
The arcade games were really fun too. Under the Big Top uses a card system for game play (no tokens required) and there were games that catered to a variety of ages. Our favorites? The motorcycles!
If you played any games, don’t forget to pick out some prizes on your way out. We hardly had any tickets (probably just around 100) and he was able to pick out a few candies.
Overall we had a really great afternoon at Under the Big Top in St. Charles. A few things you should know before you go:
- The cost to only play in the Ball Blaster Arena is $7.95. The indoor go-karts and a game of laser tag are $6.50 each. You can put as much as you want on your game card.
- They have a pretty decent snacks menu (appetizers, pizza, burgers, sides and desserts).
- They offer free WiFi and have 5 or 6 couches near the Ball Blaster Arena. So parents – bring your laptop, or browse Facebook on your phone!
- Bring socks if you plan to play in the Ball Blaster Arena. They do offer some for sale if you forget to bring a pair.
- Under the Big Top is located at 731 N. 17th Street in St. Charles, IL, near Randall Road and Dean Street.
Connect with Under the Big Top